註冊 2006-10-8
狀態 離線
發表於 2006-12-30 20:17  資料 短消息 
Takeshi Kaneshiro - Time Sep 29, 2003

Pan-Asian Sensation

http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/article/0,13673,501031006-490735,00.html

From the Magazine | Arts
Pan-Asian Sensation

Takeshi Kaneshiro became a superstar playing oddball characters. Is this typecasting?

By KATE DRAKE | TOKYO    Monday, Sep. 29, 2003

NANA SAKAI-K OFFICE FOR TIME. STYLING: TOSHIO TAKEDA
Outcast? Don't let the lost-puppy look fool you. Kaneshiro is an A-list Asian actor

When Johnny To signed on to direct the wistfully romantic Turn Left Turn Right, the Hong Kong filmmaker knew exactly whom he wanted to play the male lead. In the illustrated novel by Jimmy Liao,
from which the new movie is adapted, the protagonist is so estranged from society that he's depicted
floating above the city, like a melancholy blimp.

When you want someone who practically oozes that kind of ethereal alienation, whom are you going
to call?

Answer: Takeshi Kaneshiro, the half-Taiwanese, half-Japanese movie star who, thanks to his protean good looks and versatile
acting skills, has become the Asian film industry's Johnny Depp—a quirky,
unpredictable leading man capable of seducing audiences no matter how dark or oddball the role.
Kaneshiro is "mysterious," says To. "He doesn't belong to Hong Kong, Taiwan or anywhere.

" Indeed, in his eclectic 10-year career, Kaneshiro—who speaks five languages and has made films in
four countries—has trained his chameleon-like talents on a remarkable array of characters.

In Hong Kong director Wong Kar-wai's Fallen Angels, he played a mute who rode the carcass of a pig
like a cowboy.

He made love to an HIV-infected teen in the blockbuster Japanese TV miniseries God Please Give Me More Time.

In Returner, he played an orphaned assassin-for-hire, and he was a bowling-addicted stockbroker in another Japanese TV series, Golden Bowl.

"I don't let myself follow in anyone else's footsteps," says Kaneshiro, 29. "Let other people do what has been done before. All I want is to do something special." In life and on film,
Kaneshiro has proven impossible to typecast.

The son of a Japanese businessman and a Taiwanese homemaker, he grew up in Taipei straddling
two cultures. "When I went to Japanese school, everybody told me I was Taiwanese," says Kaneshiro. "But when I hung out in the neighborhood, people told me I was Japanese." School-yard taunts about his parentage were a part of his education, but Kaneshiro soon learned that being an outsider offers
certain advantages.
Pulled over for speeding in Taipei while still a teenager, he produced his Japanese-school ID card instead of a driver's license (he was too young to drive) and babbled at the cop in Japanese.
Taking him for a befuddled foreigner, "the cop just got frustrated and waved me off," Kaneshiro says.

A Taipei artist-management company recruited him to be a pop idol when he was 15; Kaneshiro had
the requisite looks but not the drive. "It took us two years to make him realize what he needed to do
to be a pop star," says Eva Yao, Kaneshiro's longtime manager. "I would have to explain a lot of
things to make him understand why he couldn't smoke or why he had to cooperate."

His biggest shortcoming: "I couldn't sing," says Kaneshiro. Still, he endured voice and dance lessons
and released Mando-pop albums with titles such as Tenderhearted Superman.

When the time came to parlay his local celebrity into a film career (routine for Taiwan's idol factory),
he perversely shunned roles in safe, saccharine vehicles, insisting instead on quirkier character parts. He won acclaim in his second movie for his role as a lovelorn cop in Wong Kar-wai's 1994 cult hit,
Chungking Express. A copy of Chungking Express and Wong's followup, Fallen Angels, landed on the desk of Hiroyoshi Koiwai, a producer for Fuji TV. Koiwai wanted to make a miniseries about a
musician who falls in love with an HIV-positive high-school girl, but it was a controversial premise,
and the lead part was seen as a potential career killer. "No Japanese musician would take the role,
" Koiwai says. He was going to give up on the idea—until he saw Kaneshiro, who was only too happy
to sign on. "I wanted to use actors who were different," Koiwai recalls. "I needed a cool actor."
The series, God Please Give Me More Time, sizzled. It drew an astonishing 28.3% of Japan's viewing
audience and was even credited with sparking a 62% increase in the number of Japanese getting
HIV-aids tests.

Kaneshiro followed up in 2000 with his third Japanese movie, the offbeat action-comedy
Space Travelers, which broke box-office records in Japan. His latest Japanese movie, Returner,
was the top-grossing domestic film last year.

Kaneshiro's ability to act convincingly in several tongues helps explain his pan-Asian appeal.
Because the characters of his name are read differently across the region, he's known as
Kam Shing-mo in Cantonese, Kin Chengwu in Mandarin and Kim Sung Moo in Korean.
"I feel weird sometimes," he says as he sips iced coffee in a secluded hotel café in Tokyo.
"When people call me Mr. Kam, I'm like, who is Mr. Kam? Or they call me Mr. Kim, and I have to
remind them that I'm not Korean."

He admits his shape-shifting attributes, which are a powerful acting tool, may stem from personal
rootlessness. He owns two apartments, one in Tokyo and one in Taipei, but says that he's never in
either long enough to decorate. "I don't have a sense that I live anywhere," he sighs. By nature, he
suggests, he's a fickle character with no fixed center: "My thinking changes all the time. People may read an interview I gave a year before and assume that's who I still am. But usually I've
changed altogether."

He tried vegetarianism then went back to red meat.
He enrolled in a film class at New York University but never completed it.
He sought enlightenment through meditation then gave up:
"When I try it, nothing happens." So who is he this month?

In Turn Left Turn Right he plays "a normal guy leading a normal, lonely life," says Kaneshiro.
Next, he's looking to conquer mainland China. Kaneshiro is scheduled this month to begin closed-set
shooting with fabled director Zhang Yimou (Hero, Raise the Red Lantern) in an as-yet-untitled film set in the Tang dynasty. As always, his challenge is to test the boundaries of his craft, making each role
fresh and unexpected. "A melody can be made with only a few notes, right? In acting, it's the same,
" says Kaneshiro. "There are only a limited number of characters and a limited number of ways to play them." He seems determined to hit all the high notes.

From the Oct. 06, 2003 issue of TIME Asia magazine

[ 本帖最後由 sara 於 2006-12-30 20:25 編輯 ]

本帖最近評分記錄
阿管   2007-8-26 21:14  武氣  +15   Thank You for Sharing!
頂部
Creamy
版主

UID 300
精華 38
積分 11601
帖子 3477
閱讀權限 255
註冊 2006-12-20
狀態 離線
發表於 2007-8-24 01:10  資料 文集 短消息  Yahoo!
中文解讀版2003年11月

本帖最近評分記錄
阿管   2007-8-26 21:15  武氣  +10   Thank You Creamy!

頂部
sara
論壇元老

UID 38
精華 17
積分 8990
帖子 2772
閱讀權限 90
註冊 2006-10-8
狀態 離線
發表於 2007-8-26 14:06  資料 短消息 
  Creamy, 請不要介意我重貼, 因為放大了才看到內文. 多謝和大家分享

(好希望靜靜的在觀看的 金城武 愛護者也會和你一樣 把收集到的都掛上來和大家分享, 或登入站內互動 )

頂部
sara
論壇元老

UID 38
精華 17
積分 8990
帖子 2772
閱讀權限 90
註冊 2006-10-8
狀態 離線
發表於 2007-8-26 14:10  資料 短消息 

頂部
布布貝爾
金牌會員

UID 61
精華 1
積分 1542
帖子 627
閱讀權限 70
註冊 2006-10-9
狀態 離線
發表於 2007-8-26 15:17  資料 短消息 

saraCreamy,謝謝你們,真的謝謝 辛苦了~  

借用一下sara掃的圖,我剪貼了一下,這張「神」劇照勾起了我的回憶

想起「神」劇在台灣剛開播時,我正在和大考博鬥,那時家裡還沒有裝第四台,有一天朋友請我去家裡看重播,
但我待沒多久就走了,其實心裡是想多待一會把「神」看完的…
後來,不知什麼時候看到「神」劇了…真的忘了什麼時候了…那時不知哪來的勇氣,很厚臉皮的親筆寫了封信給播「神」劇的電視台,
先是大讚電視台很棒,然後懇請他們寄給我「神」劇的劇照~
後來還真的收到了電視台寄來的劇照,我好高興,打開信封一看只有一張,就是這一張,阿武從後面摟住伸田恭子的劇照,我好喜歡!

(那時的我好年輕,恭子好年輕,阿武,也好年輕…)

[ 本帖最後由 布布貝爾 於 2007-8-26 15:20 編輯 ]

本帖最近評分記錄
阿管   2007-8-26 21:16  武氣  +5   精品文章!!
頂部
amy
中級會員

UID 92
精華 1
積分 271
帖子 110
閱讀權限 30
註冊 2006-10-11
來自 hong kong
狀態 離線
發表於 2007-8-27 00:16  資料 短消息 
很成功的日劇,阿武把啟吾演得很出色
頂部

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 2024-4-16 20:49

本论坛支付平台由支付宝提供
携手打造安全诚信的交易社区 Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0  © 2001-2006 Comsenz Inc.
Processed in 0.032365 second(s), 9 queries

清除 Cookies - 聯繫我們 - 金城武.NET - Archiver - WAP