發表於 2009-2-21 23:32  資料 短消息 
The man behind the mask

過往星加坡有些傳媒對金城武有成見, 播導不正面 ,
今是 這篇的作者算是給金城武來了一次平反吧!
不知到 「12面相」在星加坡有否大買, 近年金城武在星加坡看似比香港火呢 !

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/moviesfeatures/view/410296/1/.html

The man behind the mask

By May Seah, TODAY | Posted: 20 February 2009 1320 hrs

TOKYO : Usually, when I'm in Tokyo, only three names matter a lot to me. Joel Robuchon, Sadaharu Aoki and Pierre Hermé.

This time, I added one more to the top of my list: Takeshi Kaneshiro.

He doesn't cook or whip up any sweets, but, gosh, he's gorgeous. The actor of Japanese and Taiwanese parentage stars in the Japanese movie, "K-20: The Fiend with 20 Faces", which is in cinemas now.

Also starring Takako Matsu and Toru Nakamura, the film is a screen version of the comic book, set in a fictional Japan where a 19th-century class system continues to thrive. "K-20" (short for "Fiend with 20 Faces" - in Japanese, of course) is a mysterious masked thief who steals from the rich and gives to the poor. Kaneshiro plays lead character Heikichi Endo, a circus acrobat who is mistakenly believed to be K-20. In the course of the action, the Fiend's identity is finally unmasked.

The press conference for "K-20" was held at the Tokyo International Forum's 5,000-seater auditorium, the largest and most up-to-date venue in the city.

"Will we get to interview Takeshi?" I asked the Japanese liaison, naturally curious to get up close and personal with (arguably) Asia's sexiest actor. I wanted to see what was really behind those perfect eyebrows and features of Anime god proportions.

"That would be difficult," she replied, after a pause. Which, of course, translated from Japanese-speak, meant: "Ha ha! I cannot believe you actually articulated such a ridiculously naive request."

Showing Face

The mask is a fitting metaphor for Kaneshiro. Although hugely popular and prolific, the man is as elusive, reclusive and difficult to pin down as K-20 himself. He is well-known for being fiercely private and guarded with the press. Rumours are rife about what Kaneshiro could be hiding, like how he was apparently photographed in Cannes holding hands with another dude.

Then again, maybe the guy's just really shy, despite his tremendous success.

Starting out in 1992 as a teenage pop star with a mediocre voice but mesmerising looks, the 35-year-old star of "Turn Left Turn Right" and "Red Cliff" has always been selective with the film and television roles offered to him, choosing parts that are not necessarily mainstream. In spite of that, his talent, versatility, fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese and Japanese - and, no doubt, his face - have propelled his rise to becoming one of Asia's most powerful movie stars with a bagful of endorsement deals (Prada, Emporio Armani, Biotherm Homme and Evian, to name but a few).

As it turned out, Kaneshiro was resolutely not giving any interviews at all that night in Tokyo, although he did appear in the middle of the stage, flanked by the rest of the cast, to share his thoughts about the film. He spoke demurely and bowed courteously to his colleagues and audience. But as the night wore on, it became clearer and clearer just how much power the immensely successful actor mysteriously wielded.

It's Good to be King

When we asked why the press conference was being held at this particular venue, our guide replied: "It was chosen by Mr Kaneshiro. He had a lot of requests." That was all she would say on the subject, but boy, did it sound cryptic.

Kaneshiro's diva image is supported by incidents such as the ones that happened right here in Singapore. On two separate occasions, Kaneshiro reportedly became incensed when camera equipment malfunctioned, and threw loud fits a la Christian Bale.

But TODAY's eyewitness accounts paint a different picture. "Balderdash!" disagreed Plus Editor Phin Wong, who had previously interviewed Kaneshiro face-to-face. "He's a puppy dog."

He added: "Takeshi was nothing but lovely. He shook my hand, smiled easily and maintained eye contact. He even made an effort to speak in English when I apologised for being shamefully monolingual, and only spoke in Mandarin when he couldn't quite find the words.

"Maybe just like everyone else, he's only nice to people who are nice to him. He's not Mother Teresa, you know?"

So, Kaneshiro isn't a diva, isn't a dead nun, and isn't all that interested in hogging the spotlight. Perhaps, he's more like the simple, naive character of Heikichi Endo he plays in "K-20"? I asked writer and director Shimako Sato.

"That's my image of Mr Kaneshiro. But I don't know if it's really him. No one knows," she replied cryptically.

The film-maker, who is in her 40s, revealed that the movie was made specifically with Kaneshiro in mind. "(The producer said) the stage would be a Japan where World War II had never happened, and the hero would be Takeshi Kaneshiro."

What's behind that angelic, immaculately groomed mask that is Kaneshiro's face? Suffice to say that I did not find out that night. In fact, the veil of mystery surrounding him had only grown more opaque. Who was he, really?

But as I emerged from the Tokyo Forum and was confronted with K-20's masked visage looming from a vast billboard, it was clear that Kaneshiro's inscrutability only made the man all the more alluring.

Gosh, he's pretty.
頂部
sara
論壇元老

UID 38
精華 17
積分 8990
帖子 2772
閱讀權限 90
註冊 2006-10-8
狀態 離線
發表於 2009-2-21 23:37  資料 短消息 
The hottest fiend in town

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/reviews/view/409801/1/.html

By May Seah, TODAY | Posted: 18 February 2009 1525 hrs

SINGAPORE : No matter what is written in this review, legions of Takeshi Kaneshiro fans out there will throng the cinemas anyway.

Gaze lovingly away - he sure cuts a clean figure in a billowing black cape.

Set in the fictional capital city of Teito, the film envisions a Japan where World War II never took place. As a result, 19th-century aristocrats rule the city. Amid the backdrop of the huge gulf between rich and poor, there emerges a masked criminal - with the ability to change his appearance - who steals from the rich. He is "K-20", short for "The Fiend with 20 Faces". (It makes sense in Japanese).

The movie is neither original nor groundbreaking, but it does put clever spins on the superhero genre, cheekily mocking Hollywood superheroes such as Spider-man, Superman and Zorro. Along with a richly textured backdrop and lively characters, several good action sequences and laugh-out-loud moments contribute to making this a flavourful fantasy that will appeal to all audiences.

And did I mention that Kaneshiro looks really good in black?
頂部
littlepika
註冊會員

UID 1652
精華 0
積分 174
帖子 70
閱讀權限 20
註冊 2009-2-9
來自 Hong Kong
狀態 離線
發表於 2009-2-22 01:15  資料 短消息 
回復 #7 sara 的帖子

QUOTE:
And did I mention that Kaneshiro looks really good in black?

So damn true   

"Black and white", a simplicity of "less is more"

I can forgive almost anything except bad taste.
頂部

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 2024-4-18 18:18

本论坛支付平台由支付宝提供
携手打造安全诚信的交易社区 Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0  © 2001-2006 Comsenz Inc.
Processed in 0.020017 second(s), 8 queries

清除 Cookies - 聯繫我們 - 金城武.NET - Archiver - WAP